The Flex MBA offers a Professional Development Program
The Lehigh Flex MBA will mark one of the most life-changing transitions in your career. To complement what you learn in the Flex MBA core, Lehigh offers the Professional Development Program (PDP) to set you on your way for life-long learning and development.
The PDP is led by Shawn Kent Hayashi, our Executive-in-Residence. Shawn is CEO of The Professional Development Group, Executive Coach, and Best-selling Author. She is a global expert in developing star performers and high-performing teams, and she facilitates growth in leadership ability, emotional intelligence, communication skills, and strengthening relationships.
The Lehigh PDP integrates a set of complementary resources and activities such as: opportunities for self-assessment, career management tools, skill building, and active involvement in the Lehigh and surrounding business community to:
- Re-discover your professional profile
- Develop and implement a plan for solidifying your next career phase
- Acquire the skills and experiences to make an impact
- Build your personal brand and professional networks
The PDP consists of seminars designed to help students transition from their current positions to the next level. It also includes individual coaching sessions and exclusive networking dinners with business executives.
The Lehigh PDP will help you:
- Strengthen your knowledge about yourself and your MBA colleagues
- Articulate and persuade others with your professional value
- Develop strong communication and presentation skills
- Approach business leaders and other individuals throughout networks with confidence, conviction, and principles
"The program encourages students to search inward for authenticity as the Flex MBA program teaches us to think outward and upward—and to use this core of authenticity to set us apart and chart the path that fits us best. In addition to the learning sessions, the one-on-one professional development coaching sessions were instrumental to helping me define and articulate what I wanted from my career, work environment, and professional culture. For those who have a vague idea of the path they’d like to follow as an MBA but are unsure how to articulate and realize their true professional value, this program is for you!"
- Abigail Lutte, MBA '15
Dun & Bradstreet