Join us for Business Decisions and Investments: Risk and Financial Analysis
May 18th | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This program is designed for mid-level working professionals and is available for open enrollment. It is also available as part of our certificate programs.
Business decision investment requires sound financial processes and analysis to enhance the likelihood of success. It is important that the impact of strategic financial investments is clearly developed and expectations properly set. Starting with strategy, the Phases of Capital (planning, evaluation, status reporting, and post-completion auditing) provide the discipline foundation for a successful investment program. In addition to the specifics of investment management, the inclusion of appropriate quantified and non-quantified project cash flows is discussed as well as other aspects.
Specifically, this program develops a solid foundation for project analysis and a framework to understand a project’s risk and sensitivity. In exploring investment decisions, required rates of return are developed based on an organization’s cost of capital and extended as project “hurdle rates”. The business decisions addressed include: cost savings, capital equipment, capacity expansion, new product development, marketing programs and information technology as well as investments via acquisition.
Current and future company leaders and managers in decision making roles; individuals who may be identified for succession in the organization; technical individuals who propose capital expenditures; individuals who want to improve his/her understanding of these significant business processes.
Impact & Benefits
- Develop or improve their understanding of corporate investment decision-making
- Understand best practices for investment analysis and process
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with professional finance clientele
- Learn corporate investment valuation techniques to assess capital investment decisions including new products and acquisitions
- Discuss appropriate investment rates of return and project financial feasibility
- Increase comprehension of current financial analytical techniques for investment evaluation
Samuel Weaver, Ph.D.
Experienced Corporate Investment Executive and Academic
The cost of this program is $965. Program attendees will receive all program materials, program meals (continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks), exceptional learning opportunities with Lehigh faculty, and networking opportunities with likeminded managers.
For more information, call 610.758.3590 or email email@example.com.