Family and Closely Held Businesses: Addressing Unique Issues of the Family Business and the Business Family
April 25, 2017 | 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
& April 26, 2017 | 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
This program is designed for mid-level working professionals and is available for open enrollment. It can also be applied to our certificate programs.
Closely held and family-owned and operated enterprises are true entrepreneurial ventures. Small in nature, “involved” family and colleagues are truly invested in both the personal and professional dynamics of business’s success - or in some cases, the business’s failure. Often this failure can be caused by dysfunctional family or friend-based patterns impeding the business’s profitable success. Unqualified or relationship-based and filled leadership roles, trust issues and micromanagement will impede business function and consequently, success and profitability.
To resolve these issues, a nontraditional approach not found in classic textbooks or with consultants must be learned and nurtured through the family business. Therefore, we have developed a very specific program aimed at the often-sensitive needs of the closely held and family-based business; issues and dynamics typically only found in the families and friendships of these unique enterprises.
Through this program, we not only address common problems seen in these organizations but also focus on the underlying cause and solution that will perpetuate success. This 2-day program offers conceptual and practical tools that help key stakeholders in the business understand, evaluate and create long-term and profitable solutions for success.
Impact & Benefits
- Develop a shared language for the business that recognizes the business team in a unique and special way
- Improve the family and friendship-based business relationships
- Identify an improved ability to communicate in a genuine and productive way with others in the business
- Employ a conflict recognition and resolution plan for family and or friendship-based business members driving the business dynamics
- Recognize how to solve rather than cope with human dynamics that will impact the business's profitable success
- Assist the enterprise in building a culture that promotes ongoing reliable profitability
- Utilize the tools available to promote, initiate, direct and support a dynamic business shift for ongoing and profit-resulting change solutions
- Employ new tools to design a flourishing family or closely-held prosperous business and begin to execute it through trust and accountability among the company’s people
Who Should Attend
Leadership teams from family or closely-held businesses in acute, moderate or potential distress situations, or new businesses that want to establish a culture for reliable profitability through its people.
Rick Neulight, Lehigh University
Program Director and Executive Instructor, Rick Neulight focuses on the closely-held and family-owned enterprise with over 25 years coaching, guiding, counseling and turning around failing family-owned businesses
The cost of this program is $1,265. Program attendees will receive all program materials, program meals (continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks), exceptional learning opportunities with Lehigh faculty, and networking opportunities with likeminded managers.
For additional information, please call 610.758.3590 or email email@example.com.