Mergers and acquisitions are one of the most strategic decisions made by management. Its success involves seamless integration on a day-to-day operating level. This program is devoted to direviewing the acquisition continuum from alliances, partnerships, and joint ventures to full ownership and includes discussions on divestitures. Also, considered will be divestitures. The content will include background information, a look at successful and unsuccessful acquisitions through general case study, and a discussion of the usual features that enhance the value of a successful acquisition.
Current and future company leaders and managers in strategic decision making roles, individuals who may be identified for succession in the organization, general managers who may be faced with the task of acquisition integration, individuals who want to improve his/her understanding of these critical business decisions.
Impact & Benefits
- Develop or improve your understanding of finance and accounting
- Understand the best practices in acquisitions
- Understand the acquisition approaches used by senior management and the financial leadership within the organization
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with senior management and finance professionals, especially when an acquisition implementation may involve their area
- Learn acquisition investment valuation techniques to assist in the assessment of the target and appropriate acquisition risk abatement
- Discuss appropriate investment rates of return
- Increase comprehension of current approaches and analytical techniques using of corporate restructuring