Supply Chain Cost Management Techniques
April 20th | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This program is designed for mid-level working professionals and is available for open enrollment. It is also available as part of our Supply Chain Management Certificate Program.
Let’s acknowledge something that most of us know to be true—the pressure for companies to reduce costs is relentless and severe. And, these pressures are not going away anytime soon. Increasing global competition; sophisticated consumers and industrial customers that have easy access to information, including information that shifts power between buyers and sellers; commodity markets affected by global volatility; shortened product life cycles; and technological disruptions are but a few of the forces making cost management a necessary part of the supply chain management process.
This session presents a variety of price and cost management techniques that have as their primary objective the improvement of supply chain costs. Examples of the techniques presented include cost-driven contracting; learning curve analysis; supply chain rationalization; target costing; theoretical best pricing; configured sourcing networks; value analysis; inventory cost management techniques; and using publicly-available index data to better understand costs.
Participants will gain exposure to cost management best practices, company cases, and hands-on examples and applications.
Who Should Attend
- Senior business leaders who want a better understanding of cost management techniques and best practices
- Supply chain professionals who want to expand their knowledge about this important topic
- Senior managers that need exposure to innovative cost-management approaches
Impact & Benefits
- Understand supply chain cost management techniques and methodologies that have immediate application at your firm
- Appreciate a set of cost-management best practices that enable participants to assess cost management maturity at their firm
- Manage and control costs across the entire supply chain
Robert J. Trent, Ph.D., Supply Chain Management Program Director, Lehigh University
The cost of this program is $965. Program attendees will receive all program materials, program meals (continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks), exceptional learning opportunities with Lehigh faculty, and networking opportunities with likeminded managers.
For additional information, call 610.758.3590 or email email@example.com.