Larry Taylor joined the Lehigh faculty after earning his Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has had research fellowships from the International Fertilizer Development Center and the Carolina Population Center, and has visited the Australian National University, the Hill Center at Rutgers University, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Portions of his work have been published in Econometric Reviews, Econometrics Journal, Economic Letters, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Forensic Economics, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Political Economy, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Review of Economics of the Household, Review of Economics and Statistics, and Southern Economic Journal.
- "Prediction after IV Estimation," with Chris Skeels, Economics Letters, forthcoming.
- "Older Americans' Health and the Great Recession," with Tom Hyclak and Chad Meyerhoefer, Review of Economics of the Household, DOI: 10.1007/s11150-013-9197-6
- "Penalized R-Square Criteria for Model Selection," The Manchester School, 77(6), 699-717, 2009.
- "Using the Haar Wavelet Transform in the Semiparametric Specification of Time Series," Economic Modelling 26, 392-403, 2009.
- "Economic Cycles: Asymmetries, Persistence, and Synchronization," with Joe Cardinale, Palgrave Handbook of Econometrics: Applied Econometrics, edited by Terence Mills and Kerry Patterson, Palgrave Macmillan, 2, 308-348, 2009.
- "A Cartel's Response to Cheating: An Empirical Investigation of the DeBeers Diamond Empire," with Donna Bergenstock and Mary E. Deily, Southern Economic Journal, 73(1), 173-189, 2006.
- Testing for Duration Dependence in Economic Cycles, with Jonathan Ohn and Adrian Pagan, Econometrics Journal, 7, 528-549, 2004. (This is an electronic version of an article published in Econometrics Journal. Complete citation information for the final version of the paper, as published in the print edition of Econometrics Journal, is available on the Blackwell Synergy online delivery service, accessible via the journal's web site). Fortran Programs, Stata Programs.
- "Influential Data Diagnostics for Transition Data," Advances in Econometrics: Missing Observations, Outliers and Mixed Frequency Data, edited by Carter Hill and Thomas Fomby, 13, 243-268, 1998.
- "Diagnostics for IV Regressions," with Hashem Pesaran, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 61(2), 255-281, 1999. Also, Department of Applied Economics Discussion Paper Series, No. 9709, University of Cambridge, 1997.
- "An R-Square Criterion Based on Optimal Predictors," Econometric Reviews, 16, 109-118, 1997.
- "Swap Covered Interest Parity in Long-Date Capital Markets," with Donna Fletcher, Review of Economics and Statistics, 3, 530-538, 1996.
- "On a Simultaneous Equations Pre-Test Estimator," with Chris Skeels, Journal of Econometrics, 68, 269-286, 1995.
- "A Nonparametric Analysis of Covered Interest Parity in Long-Date Capital Markets," with Donna Fletcher, Journal of International Money and Finance, 13, 459-475, 1994.
- "A Nonparametric Investigation of Duration Dependence in the American Business Cycle: A Note," with Ram Mudambi, Journal of Political Economy, 99, 654-656, 1991.
- "An Application of Extended Rational Approximates to White's Information Matrix Test," Economics Letters, 30, 49-53, 1989.