Professor Salas joined the Perella Department of Finance at Lehigh University in 2008. His teaching and research interests include investments, corporate finance, corporate governance and corporate risk management.
Professor Salas has published in the Journal of Banking and Finance, The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, The Journal of Economics and Finance, and in the volume “Transforming Public Enterprises in Europe and Americas: Networks, Integration, and Transnationalization.” He is also the director of the Two Brothers Foundation, a non-profit organization in the squatter town of Rocinha, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The Effects of Insider-Outsider versus Generalist-Specialist Attributes on CEO Compensation, with Paul Brockman and Hye Seung (Grace) Lee. Forthcoming in the Journal of Corporate Finance.
- The Causal Effect of Option Pay on Corporate Risk Management: Evidence from the Oil and Gas Industry, with Hamed Mahmudi, Tor Bake and Chitru Fernando. Forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics.
- Who Speculates? Evidence from the Gold Industry, with Tim Adam and Chitru S. Fernando. Forthcoming in Journal of Banking and Finance.
- Governance, Conference Calls and CEO Compensation, 2015, with McKay S. Price and CF Sirmans, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. Vol. 50 (2), pp 181-206.
- Government Ownership and Corporate Governance, 2012, with Ginka Borisova, Paul Brockman and Andrey Zagorchev, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 36 (11), pp 2917-2933.
- Not Paying Dividends? A Decomposition of Dividend Payers, 2012, with Candra Chahyadi, Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 36 (2), pp 443-462.
- Entrenchment, Governance, and the Stock Price Reaction to Sudden Executive Deaths, 2010, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 34 (3), pp 656-666.
- Minimum Variance Hedging when Spot Price Changes are Partially Predictable, 2008, with Louis H. Ederington, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 32 (5), pp 654-663.
- CEO Turnover and Firm Performance, book chapter in “CEO Branding”, Rouldgedge (Taylor and Francis Group) publishers, with Hye Seung (Grace) Lee and Paul Brockman. This chapter went through peer-review process (it was not an invited paper).
- Privatization in America, published as a chapter in Transforming Public Enterprises In Europe and The Americas: Networks, Integration and Transnationalisation, Kluwer Publishers, 2007, with William Megginson and Candra Chahyadi. This chapter was invited (it was not peer reviewed).