Professor Yang joined the Perella Department of Finance at Lehigh University in 2008. Her research and teaching interests include corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings, corporate governance, agency issues, capital structure, and investments.
- “Bond tender offers in mergers and acquisitions”, with Matthew Billett, 2016, Journal of Corporate Finance, forthcoming.
- “The price of street friends: Social Networks, informed trading, and shareholder costs”, with Jie Cai and Ralph Walkling, 2016, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 51(3), 801-837.
- "Social ties and IPO outcomes," with John W. Cooney, Leonardo, Madureira, and Ajai K. Singh, 2015, Journal of Corporate Finance, , Vol. 33, 129-146.
- "The role of investment banker directors in M&A: Can experts help?", with Qianqian Huang, Feng Jiang, and Erik Lie, 2014, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 112 (2), 269-286.
- "Are small firms less vulnerable to overpriced stock offers?" with Anand M. Vijh, 2013, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 110 (1), 61-86.
- "CFO/CEO-board social ties, Sarbanes-Oxley, and earnings management", with Gopal V. Krishnan, K.K. Raman and Wei Yu, 2011, Accounting Horizons, Vol.25 (3), 537-557.
- “Inter-firm managerial social ties and strategic alliances formation: A multiplexity perspective”, with Jianjun Zhu and Michael D. Santoro.
- "The acquisition performance of S&P 500 firms", with Anand M. Vijh.