James M. Maskulka's teaching interests include: global marketing, European marketing, marketing communications, advertising management and student career advantages derived from directing study abroad experiences for nearly 20 years. His consulting interests include: marketing management, brand management, marketing strategy, and marketing communications with an emphasis on media effectiveness research.
Over the last thirty years he has made numerous presentations covering a wide variety of seminar topics. He has also participated in a number of consulting experiences with firms such as: General Motors, PP&L, AT&T, and Sure-Fit, Inc.; trade associations such as: Point-of-Purchase International (POPAI), the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) and the trade publication Advertising Age. He has also received a number of competitively determined awards to attend both academic and business conferences.
Professor Maskulka continues to actively work with advertising agencies in the areas of strategy development media planning and market research. He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is a past member of the Board of Directors of the United Cerebral Palsy of Lehigh Valley.
- Thode, Stephen F. and Larry W. Taylor (with James M. Maskulka ) “Information Asymmetries in the Pricing of Fine Wines", International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 14 Number 1, 2002, pp. 5 -13.
- Bergenstock , Donna J. (with James M. Maskulka ), “The De Beers Diamond Story: Are Diamonds Forever?” Business Horizons , Volume 44, Number 3, pp. 37-44 (May-June 2001).
- Thode , Stephen F. (with James M. Maskulka ) “Place-Based Marketing Strategies, Brand Equity and Vineyard Valuation”, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Volume 7 Number 5 pp. 379-399. (1998).
- Thode , Stephen F. (with James M. Maskulka ) “A Brand Equity Strategy for Ultra-Premium California Wines”, International Journal of Wine Marketing, Volume 8, Number 3/4, pp. 5-22. (1997).
- Maskulka , James M. (with Charles S. Gulas ). "The Gray Market: A Marketing Perspective," Business, January - March 1987, pp. 25-31.
- Maskulka , James M. (with Michael Y. Hu ). "Bankers' Response to the ETC Act : Attitudes and Degree of Internationalization," Journal of Business Research, Vol. 15, 1987, pp.191-200.