Ju-Yeon Lee is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Lehigh University and an affiliated researcher of the Center of Sales and Marketing Strategy at the University of Washington. She received her Ph.D. in marketing from the University of Washington, where she was the recipient of the Evert McCabe Endowed Fellowship.
She is interested in how customer-centric organizational design elements (or designing a firm's structure, leadership, culture, systems/processes, and metrics around customers) affect marketing and financial outcomes. In particular, she investigates how a firm’s use of organizational structure achieves various marketing objectives. She is also interested in online marketing channel strategies.
Her research is published or forthcoming in premier journals including Marketing Science, Harvard Business Review, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and International Journal of Research in Marketing. She currently serves as an Editorial Review Board Member on the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
She teaches marketing analytics at both undergraduate and graduate levels, and principles of marketing at the undergraduate level. Her teaching interests are in marketing analytics, marketing strategy, data-driven marketing, and marketing research.
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, and Robert W. Palmatier (2016), “Creating and Appropriating Alliance Value through Customer-Centric Structures,” No. 16-127, Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Working Paper Series.
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Mengzhou Zhuang, Irina V. Kozlenkova, and Eric Fang (2016), “The Dark Side of Mobile Channel Expansion Strategies,” No. 16-119, Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Working Paper Series [Featured in Lehigh University News, Mentioned by MetroMBA and Phys.org]
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Shrihari Sridhar, and Robert W. Palmatier (Forthcoming), “The Effect of Firms’ Structural Designs on Advertising and Personal Selling Returns,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2016.06.002.
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Shrihari Sridhar, and Robert W. Palmatier (2015) “Customer-Centric Org Charts Aren’t Right for Every Company,” Harvard Business Review. [A version of this article appeared in the July-August 2015 issue of Harvard Business Review, 'Customer Centricity: First, the Pain," pg. 22.]
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Shrihari Sridhar, Conor M. Henderson, and Robert W. Palmatier (2015), “Effect of Customer-Centric Structure on Long-Term Financial Performance,” Marketing Science, 34 (2), 250-268.
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Irina V. Kozlenkova, and Robert W. Palmatier (2015), “Structural Marketing: Using Organizational Structure to Achieve Marketing Objectives,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43 (1), 73-99.
- Lee, Ju-Yeon, Shrihari Sridhar, Conor M. Henderson, and Robert W. Palmatier (2012), "Effect of Customer-Centric Structure on Firm Performance," Marketing Science Institute Working Paper Series No. 12-111, [One of the top 10 most-read MSI article in 2012]. [pdf]