Mike is a business executive with 20 years of industry experience including leadership positions at Fortune 100 companies, Merck and Procter & Gamble, and as a consultant with The Wilkerson Group, later part of IBM, where his responsibilities have spanned strategy, marketing, sales, and business development. As a professional marketer, Mike has extensive depth and breadth of experience across the marketing discipline. His efforts have resulted in successful strategies for multi-million dollar brands, world-class marketing programs, identification of innovative growth opportunities with new products and in new markets, and game changing acquisitions and partnerships.
Throughout his career, Mike has built an in-depth knowledge of the health care industry, including bio-pharmaceuticals, consumer health, and managed care.
Mike applies his practical experience to the classroom environment and he also advises marketing majors in career development.
Merck & Co.:
- Executive Director and Head, Corporate Business Development - Merck Vaccines
- Director, Corporate Licensing - Vaccines and Biologics
- Associate Marketing Director, Global New Products - Licensing & Acquisitions
- Senior Marketing Manager, Oncology
- Marketing Manager, Vioxx and Arcoxia
- Marketing Manager, Aggrastat
- Professional Representative, Pharmaceuticals
- Senior Business Research Analyst, Live Viral Vaccines
The Procter & Gamble Co.:
- Assistant Brand Manager, Stedicor
- Assistant Brand Manager, Helidac Therapy
- Analyst, Health Care Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management
The Wilkerson Group, Inc./IBM:
- Associate Consultant