All College of Business and Economics students must complete the Core Curriculum, as well as the requirements for their major area of study.
The Business Information Systems (BIS) Major
The BIS major provides students with a strong foundation in cross-functional business processes and the application of information systems to support them. The use of technology to improve business performance and effectively support strategic business plans is a major focus of the program. Career opportunities for BIS majors include: business analyst, systems analyst, and information systems consultant.
Related special programs that augment the BIS curriculum include:
- BIS Club - supports student engagement/networking with industry contacts and emerging technology trends
- Lehigh in Ireland Summer Program - BIS 371 Supervised Research Program (3 credits)
- Semester Abroad at National University of Ireland, Galway - credit for two BIS elective courses (6 credits)
Business Information Systems
Required for all Business Majors:
- BIS 111: Management Information Systems
Required for all Business Information Systems Majors (3 courses)
- BIS 311: Managing IS Analysis and Design
- BIS 324: Business Data Management
- BIS 335: Web Application Development for Business
Business Information Systems Electives (choose 3 courses)
- ACCT 311: Accounting Information Systems
- BIS 333: Enterprise Security and Risk Management
- BIS 342: E-Business Enterprise Applications
- BIS 344: Cloud Computing for Business
- BIS 348: Predictive Analytics for Business
For full descriptions of these courses, link to catalog.
For more information, please contact Professor Catherine Ridings, Director, at email@example.com.