Lehigh University’s marketing minor provides non-CBE students an opportunity to pursue a course of study in marketing that will enable them to supplement their major field and make them more marketable. The overall learning objective of the program is to provide non-CBE students with the knowledge and skills which to make more informed marketing decisions.
A marketing minor consists of 12 credits. Students wishing to earn a Marketing Minor must take MKT 111, and then select three other marketing courses from the marketing curriculum. A student can also build a concentration within the Marketing Minor in areas such as Marketing Analytics, Marketing Communications, Sales Management, Retail Management, or Brand Management and Innovation, allowing for a deeper understanding of a particular aspect of marketing.
Required for all Marketing Minors
- MKT 111: Principles of Marketing
Three courses are required for marketing minors from the following courses:
- MKT 311: Consumer Behavior
- MKT 312: Marketing Research
- MKT 313: Advertising & Sales Promotion Strategy
- MKT 314: Digital & Social Media
- MKT 319: Development & Marketing of New Products
- MKT 320: Global Marketing
- MKT 325: Consumer Insights through Data Analysis
- MKT 326: Marketing Analytics in a Digital Space
- MKT 327: Retail Marketing
- MKT 330: Professional Selling
- MKT 332: Sales Management
- MKT 347: Strategic Brand Management
- MKT 366: Services Retailing & Marketing
- MKT 387: Marketing Strategy*
For full descriptions of these courses, see the course catalog.
*MKT 311 and MKT 312 are pre-requisites for MKT 387