Lehigh University's Graduate Programs Office recognizes that while a project manager is indispensable, the role of the project manager is expanding due to the globalization of the economy and the current economic climate. We proudly offer the Project Management Certificate (PMC) program to enhance the learning curve of the project manager. The PMC program also serves as an excellent prep course before taking the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification.
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), Lehigh University has been approved by PMI to issue Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its PM certificate courses.
Here is what you will find when you enroll in Lehigh University’s PMC program:
- Eight (8) courses ranging from management skills to process skills
- Combination of both online and on-campus course offerings. Five (5) of the eight (8) courses are offered online. Three (3) of the eight (8) courses are required to be taken on-campus.
- Only taught by Industry Experts
- 11 months to complete the entire program
- Cohort-based: students move through the entirety of the program as one unit in order to build relationships with colleagues and to provide additional support to fellow team members
- Program begins two (2) times per year: a cohort begins in the fall and spring semester
What makes our PMC program different from the rest?
Our students will tell you:
“The Lehigh University (PMC) program format offered me the confidence in leadership and ethics that are not only prescribed by the Project Management Institute, but also serve as valued behavior for interfacing with demanding internal and external customers.”
Korwyn B. Christensen
Technical Staff Member
Lost Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM
“I elected to pursue continuing education from Lehigh University based on the institute’s excellent reputation, as well as endorsement from the Project Management Institute.”
Clinical Program Manager
Johnson & Johnson
Pharmaceuticals Research Development, Raritan, NJ
"During my first class I spent a significant amount of time in China, but with the Blackboard tools, it was no issue. It is amazing that a program can be administered, literally to the other side of the planet, and still be so effective. It was the best of both worlds; taking a very interesting assignment and getting the formal education too.”
Purchasing and New Business Manager
Bosal International North America, Ypsilanti, MI
“I received an excellent education in the Project Management Certificate Program at Lehigh and am further leveraging my educational opportunity by pursuing my MBA. Lehigh is a great institution, and I am proud to be a part of the College of Business & Economics.”
Longleaf Development Company, Lancaster, PA
“I selected Lehigh University because of the reputation of the graduate programs, success of the alumni, and the working professional oriented schedule.”
Director of Workforce Initiatives
Wall Street West, Bethlehem, PA
Who is the PMC program designed for?
- Industry professionals looking to prepare for their PMP Certification
- Government, Education, and Industry professionals responsible for managing project teams who are looking to immediately improve their project delivery by adding practical strategies and tools
- Individuals who anticipate moving into a project manager role as a next step in their career advancement
- Managers or small business owners who mentor others in effective project management processes and procedures
- Students enrolled in a graduate program or with an undergraduate degree who expect to work in a position that requires them to participate in and/or manage project teams.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
A student may enroll in the project management certificate program coursework as a:
1. Non-degree student. Students pursue the certificate program only and are not degree-seeking. Graded coursework will appear on a Lehigh University transcript and may be applied toward elective coursework in the Lehigh MBA upon full application and acceptance to the MBA within a 4 year period.
2. Executive Education Student. Coursework for executive education students is not taken for college credit; therefore, a university transcript is not generated. The completed coursework will be recognized on a Lehigh University college-awarded certificate. Coursework is considered pass/fail and letter grades are not assigned.
3. Current MBA student. Current MBA students should contact their advisor for enrollment information.
|Summer I||Summer II||Fall||Spring|
|May 1||June 1||August 1||January 1|
A complete application must be received by the listed deadlines. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or holiday are extended to the next business day. Dates are for the 2014 school year, and are subject to change in 2015.
Graduate Programs Office
621 Taylor Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
United States of America
Non-Degree Application Requirements
Admission to the College of Business and Economics as a non-degree graduate student requires the applicant to have earned a four year baccalaureate degree. Foreign transcripts may require independent evaluation; please contact our office well in advance of your planned start date for information pertaining to foreign credentials. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required if you have not completed at least two years of study at a university in the United States. Professional work experience is also necessary for entry into the program.
Students may pursue 12 credit hours for college credit as a non-degree student. The credits earned will be recognized on a Lehigh University transcript and the certificate earned will be noted on the transcript as well. The twelve credits earned in the certificate program may be applied towards the Lehigh University MBA degree program at a later date upon full application and acceptance into the MBA program.
The application fee may not be waived nor deferred, and it is non-refundable.
- Online Application for non-degree graduate admissions
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), if necessary
- $50 application fee
To accept the offer of admission, all non-degree domestic students must submit a $250.00 deposit to secure a place in the class. International students must submit a $1,000.00 deposit. The deposit must be received by the specific deadline noted in the offer letter. The deposit will be applied to tuition. A student who does not matriculate forfeits the deposit.
Executive Education Application Requirements
Students may pursue the Project Management certificate as an executive education student. Coursework for executive education students is not taken for college credit; therefore, a university transcript is not generated. The completed coursework will be recognized on a Lehigh University college-awarded certificate. Coursework is considered pass/fail and letter grades are not assigned.
- A completed application for executive education admission
- A copy of undergraduate diploma(s) or transcript with degree conferred from all universities attended
Non Degree Program [for credit]
|Cost per credit hour||$1,050.00|
*Note: AY 2014-2015. For each online course, there is a $100.00 course access fee.
Executive Education Program [non-credit]
|Cost for the program||$7,200.00|
AY 2014-2015. The cost per credit hour is subject to change in academic year 2015-2016.
Additional contact information:
Director Graduate Recruitment and Admissions
Ph : 610-758-4450
Megan Van Voorhis, Program Director