Executive Project Sponsorship Certificate
May 16, 2019 | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
& May 17, 2019| 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
at LEHIGH UNIVERSITY
The Executive Project Sponsorship Certificate Program will equip you with the tools and techniques needed to provide effective executive oversight to guide projects to align and deliver on your organization’s strategy and goals.
The duration of this certificate program is 2 days.
Who Should Attend?
Executives who currently or will in the future, will have some accountability for guiding the selection, planning, sponsorship and/or execution of projects, but are not usually project team members who perform the actual project work. This includes: project sponsors, members of project executive advisory or oversight boards, project champions, managers who provide resources to projects, and executive stakeholders accountable for the success of projects.
Impact & Benefits:
- Learn the key fundamentals of Project Management from the role of the Project Sponsor
- Understand how you as an executive will play a critical role in affecting the success or failure of every project
- Know how to select and prioritize potential projects that will be most beneficial for your organization
- Ensure that projects are clearly defined, properly staffed and structured, and adequately resourced at the outset for success
- Be aware of the additional oversight challenges of highly complex, global, and government projects
- Know how to monitor the health of a project and recognize ‘red flags’ that suggest when corrective action is warranted
- Learn how to rescue a troubled project and bring it back on course
- Support the delivery of planned project benefits on time and within budget
- Be aware of emerging trends in PM that could benefit your organization
The cost of this certificate is $2060. Certificate cost includes: two program days, all program materials, all program meals (continental breakfast, lunch, and beverage breaks), networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and a Lehigh University Executive Project Sponsorship Certificate.
Day 1 covers:
- Introduction to Project Management
- Why Projects Fail
- Project Roles & Responsibilities
- Project Kickoff & Establishing Project Rhythms
- Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
- PMO & Portfolio Management
- Project Governance
Day 2 covers:
- Sponsor's Role in the 5 Phases of Project Management
- Project Communication & Managing Change
- Managing Risk
- PM Trends & PM 2.0
- Global Project Management
- Course Recap