Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Fall 2019 Dates TBA
at Lehigh University
This program is designed for mid-level working professionals and is available for open enrollment. It can also be applied to our certificate programs.
Finance and accounting are the tools that are fundamental to making management decisions. This program provides the knowledge necessary to evaluate financial performance and to understand how the economic outcomes of operating decisions effect the organization’s financial statements. Participants develop or improve their understanding of financial statements, performance metrics, and analytical techniques to effectively evaluate their business, establish performance standards, and collaborate using a common financial language. These practices are extended to assess the financial position of suppliers, customers, and competitors. In addition, the participant will learn techniques to evaluate and value investments in a new product, capital project, or acquisition.
Who Should Attend?
Current and future company leaders in decision making roles. Individuals who are identified for succession, or individuals who want to improve their understanding of finance.
Impact & Benefits:
These practices are extended to assess the financial position of suppliers, customers, and competitors.
- Develop or improve their understanding of financial statements, performance metrics, and analytical techniques to effectively evaluate their business, establish performance standards, and collaborate using a common financial language
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with finance professionals
- Learn corporate investment valuation techniques to assess capital investment decisions including new products and acquisitions
- Discuss appropriate investment rates of return
- Increase comprehension of current performance measurement and analytical techniques using financial performance metrics
- Understand how the economic outcomes of operating decisions are reflected in the organization’s financial report
The cost of this program is $2060. Program attendees will receive: all program materials, a copy of Dr. Samuel Weaver's book The Essentials of Financial Analysis, all program meals (continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks), exceptional learning opportunities with Lehigh University Faculty, and networking opportunities with like-minded professionals.
For additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org