The Tauck Scholarship Program for Summer 2018 is now closed - we are no longer accepting applications.
The Tauck Scholars Program provides unique educational & cultural opportunities for selected business students to participate in an international summer internship in a cultural setting that is “new and foreign to them." Recipients of this award may select the type of international internship program they wish to pursue based on interest; qualifications & career goals. This may be a Lehigh-led internship program; an international internship program organized through a Lehigh-approved program provider; an international internship organized directly with an international company or you can customize your own experience. Tauck Scholars will also serve as goodwill ambassadors to Lehigh University, by helping prospective scholars prepare for their internships, and take part in special College of Business and Economics’ activities. Some helpful documents are listed below.
- Tauck Scholars Program 2018 Brochure > (pdf)
- Guidelines on How to Apply > (docx)
- Application Form 2018 > (docx)
- Letter of Recommendation Template > (docx)
- International Internship Opportunities for Tauck Scholars > (docx)
International Internship Opportunities
Information on the types of international internship programs available are listed on the International Internships webpage. This will provide a list of some of the internship programs available that students may wish to apply their scholarship award to. Students are also able to customize their own internship experience (subject to approval).
Criteria to Apply
- Must be a business student (including CSB & IBE students)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Must be a junior at time of application (current sophomores with junior standing may also be considered)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Commit to a minimum 4 week experience in the Summer Session
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 6, 2017 (9AM)
Guidelines on How to Apply
A complete Application Package must be submitted by Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9AM. This consists of the following and described in more detail below.
- Application Form
- 2 Short essays / personal statement
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors, plus
- 1 letter of recommendation from a previous employer or non-academic adviser if hold a Leadership position in a co-curricular activity or Club
- Copy of your resume / CV
Applications for Summer 2018 will open in early September.
Download an Application Form (and submit as a Word Document)
Complete BOTH questions. Each essay/personal statement should be between 350-500 words. Typed, double spaced. Completed essays may be submitted directly online with your application form; or in person; or by email. See Contact Information at the bottom of the page.
- How would the international experience afforded by this scholarship benefit you both on a personal level and also in helping you achieve your career goals?
- Why would you be an ideal candidate for the Tauck Scholarship.
Letters of Recommendations
Please refer to instructions on template provided on how to submit your letters of recommendation.
- Please use the template provided, which is listed at the top of this page.
- If you hold a leadership position in a club or other extra-curricular activity you are welcome to submit a letter of recommendation from that adviser in lieu of a previous employer.
- Please confine to one page if possible.
- Completed essays may be submitted directly online with your application form; or in person; or by email. See Contact information at bottom of page.
Need help with your Tauck Application?
If you need any help with your application or would like more information on the types of internship programs available, please contact Sarah Wing or feel free to stop by her office in Rauch Business Center 107 (located in the Dean’s Office).
Contact Information for Submitting your Tauck Application
All documentation must be submitted as follows:
- Completed Application Forms MUST be submitted as a Word Docx and sent by email Keith Gustasfon at email@example.com
- ALL other documents can also be sent by email or handed in person to Keith Gustasfon, Academic Coordinator, CBE Undergraduate Programs Office, Rauch Business Center, Suite 395
- Write TAUCK SCHOLAR APPLICATION in the subject line when sending any correspondence by email
- Ensure you name is clearly printed on all documents submitted by hand.
- Students may submit their application form separately and then forward any supporting documentation, such as the essays, resume and letters of recommendation at a later date if necessary. But please ensure that ALL documents listed in the application package are completed and submitted by Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9AM .
- Deadline is Monday, November 6, 2017 (9AM). Please note that Only COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be considered.
- FINALISTS will be notified & invited for interview by end of November, 2017.
- Interviews and final decision will be completed by mid-December, 2017.