Lehigh University’s College of Business & Economics offers a Master of Science (MS) degree in Applied Economics. It is a relatively rare economics program because it is one of the few business-school-offered programs that is completely focused on the Masters level. While there is the option to apply to continue toward a PhD, the focal point of this program is on the Master's degree itself.
The Lehigh MS in Applied Economics offers the following:
- Intimate interaction with professors and colleagues with very small class sizes,
- Recognized top quality instruction by faculty who have won university teaching awards,
- Current and relevant research continually being undertaken by faculty in their respective fields,
- Opportunity to supplement the educational experience with elective courses in finance, international relations, engineering, political science, mathematics, or marketing,
- Recent graduates of the program are employed at organizations such as AT&T, PPL Corp, Towers Perrin, KPMG, Merrill Lynch, U.S. Department of Labor, IBM, Geico, Morgan Stanley, Moody's Analytics, SEI Investments, Veritable, and Accenture; many students have also gone into Ph.D. programs at Lehigh University or at such schools as Carnegie Mellon, University of North Carolina, Harvard University, and Binghamton University.