Professor Zhao’s research focuses primarily on asset management and investor behavior on the financial market.
- Hedge Funds: The Good, the Bad, and the Lucky, with Yong Chen and Mike Cliff, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 52, 1081−1109.
- Interfund Lending in Mutual Fund Families: Role in Liquidity Management, with Vikas Agarwal, forthcoming, Review of Financial Studies.
- Corruption Perceptions and Capital Fragility: Evidence from Hedge Funds Around the World, with George Aragon and Vikram Nanda.
- Violence and investor behavior: Evidence from terrorist attacks, with Vikas Agarwal and Ghosh Pulak.
- What are the Actual Effects of Liquidity Buffers? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry, with Vikas Agarwal.
- Does Job Security Concern Acquiring Managers? with Chen Cai and Di Li.