Professor Yu’s research primarily focuses on corporate finance, entrepreneurial finance, venture capital, and financial intermediation. She has published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and has presented her work at the top-tier finance conferences including the American Finance Association Meeting, the Western Finance Association Meeting, the Financial Management Association Meeting, and the Northern Finance Association Meeting.
Top Management Human Capital, Inventor Mobility, and Corporate Innovation, with Thomas Chemmanur, Lei Kong, and Karthik Krishnan, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming.
- Do Venture Capital-Driven Top Management Changes Enhance Corporate Innovation in Private Firms?
- Venture Capital Backing, Investor Attention, and Initial Public Offerings, with Thomas Chemmanur and Karthik Krishnan
- Information Production by Institutions and Information Extraction by Underwriters in Hybrid IPO Auctions, with Thomas Chemmanur, Pengfei Ma, and Chaopeng Wu
- Human Capital, Management Quality, and Firm Performance, with Thomas Chemmanur, Lei Kong, and Karthik Krishnan
- How Does Greater Bank Competition Affect Borrower Screening? Evidence from a Natural Experiment Based on China’s WTO Entry, with Thomas Chemmanur, Jiaqi Qin, Yan Sun, and Xiang Zheng
- Trademarks in Entrepreneurial Finance, with Thomas Chemmanur, Harshit Rajaiya, and Xuan Tian
Grants, Honors, and Awards
- Winner of the Kauffman Knowledge Challenge: Insight to Impact (one of 32 grants nationwide from the inaugural Kauffman Foundation Knowledge Challenge), Kauffman Foundation, 2018
- Semifinalist for the Best Paper at the Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, 2015, 2018
- Kauffman Dissertation Fellowship ($20,000 grant to support research on entrepreneurship), Kauffman Foundation, 2016