Andreea Kiss is Associate Professor in the Management Department at Lehigh University. Prior to joining Lehigh University she was a tenured Associate Professor of Management at Iowa State University and Assistant Professor of Global Economics and Management at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. Andreea’s research is situated at the intersection of entrepreneurship, strategy, and international business and is focused on understanding how firms, in particular new firms, adapt to dynamic and uncertain environments. She often takes a social-cognitive perspective in her research and is primarily interested in the role of founders and CEOs in processes of firm adaptation. Her publications have appeared in the Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of International Entrepreneurship, European Management Journal, International Business Review, Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, and Strategic Management Journal.
Andreea’s research, teaching, and reviewing activities were rewarded with several awards including the Academy of International Business CEE Chapter Best Paper Award, the BSG Master Professor Teaching Award, and the Journal of World Business Best Reviewer Award.
Prior to joining academia Andreea worked for new ventures and established firms that operate in the tourism industry, financial and educational services, and the medical equipment industry in both Europe and the U.S.
- Kiss, A. N., Fernhaber, S., McDougall-Covin, P. (2017). Slack, innovation, and export intensity: Implications for SMEs. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice (forthcoming).
- Kiss, A. N., Barr, P. S. (2015). New venture strategic adaptation: The interplay of belief structures and industry context. Strategic Management Journal, 36(8), 1245-1263.
- Kiss, A. N., Barr, P. S. (2014). New product development strategy implementation duration and new venture performance: A contingency perspective. Journal of Management (forthcoming).
- Kiss, A. N., Williams, D.W., Houghton, S. M (2013). Risk bias and the link between motivation and new venture post-entry international growth. International Business Review, 22(6), 1068-1078.
- Kiss, A. N., Danis W. M., Cavusgil, S. T. (2012). International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda. Journal of Business Venturing, 27(2), 266-290.
- Kiss, A. N., Danis, W. M. (2010). Network composition and speed of new venture internationalization during economic transition: A theoretical model. The Journal of International Entrepreneurship, 8(3), 273-287.
- Kiss, A. N., Danis, W. M. (2008). Country institutional context, social networks and new venture internationalization speed. European Management Journal, Special Issue on International Entrepreneurship, 26(6), 388-399.