Oliver Yao's research interests are in the inter-disciplinary fields of information systems and supply chain management, including business value of IT-enabled supply chains, economics of electronic commerce, and VMI, CPFR and CRM. His publications have appeared or are forthcoming in Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Marketing Science, Operations Research, Journal of Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, etc. He received the E. Grovesnor Plowman Award from CSCMP in 2007, a prestigious award in the SCM field, and the 2009 and 2015 Carl R. and Ingeborg Beidleman Research Award which highlights quality research and refereed scholarship in business and applied economic disciplines at Lehigh. He received the MBA Excellence in Teaching Award at Lehigh University in 2015. He also received the Allen N. Nash Distinguished Doctoral Graduate Award from University of Maryland in 2017. He is an Associate Editor at Information Systems Research and a Senior Editor at Production and Operations Management.
Associate Editor, Information Systems Research
Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management
- Robert Bray, Yuliang Yao, Yongrui Duan and Jiazhen Huo. "Ration Gaming and the Bullwhip Effect." Forthcoming, Opearations Research.
- Ling Xue, Ke Yang, and Yuliang Yao, "Examining the Effects of Interfirm Managerial Social Ties on IT Components Diversity: An Agency Perspective." MIS Quarterly, 42(2), 2018, 679-694.
- Yongrui Duan, Yuliang Yao and Jiazhen Huo. "Bullwhip Effect under Substitute Products." Journal of Operations Management, 36, 2015, 75-89.
- Yan Dong, Kefeng Xu, and Tony Cai, and Yuliang Yao “Service Failure Recovery and Prevention: Managing Stockouts in Distribution Channels.” Marketing Science, 34(5), 2015, pp. 689-701.
- Yan Dong, Martin Dresner, Yuliang Yao, "Information Sharing and Beyond: An Empirical Analysis of Vendor Managed Inventory." Production and Operations Management, 23(5), 2014, pp. 817-828.
- Yuliang Yao and Kevin Zhu, "Do Electronic Linkages Reduce the Inventory-Demand Variance Ratio? An Empirical Analysis of the U.S. Manufacturing Supply Chains." Information Systems Research, 23(3), 2012, pp.1042-1055.
- Yan Dong, Yuliang Yao, and Tony Cui, "When Acquisition Spoils Retention: Selling Direct vs. Delegation under CRM." Management Science, 57(7), 2011, pp.1288-1299.
- Yuliang Yao, Rajiv Kohli, Susan Sherer, and Jerold Cederlund, "An Empirical Analysis of the Learning Curves in Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment." Journal of Operations Management, 31(6), 2013, pp. 285-297.
- Anindya Ghose and Yuliang Yao, “Using Transaction Prices to Re-Examine Price Dispersion in Electronic Markets,” Information Systems Research, 22(2), 2011, pp. 1-17.
- Yuliang Yao, Martin Dresner, and Jonathan Palmer, “Private Network EDI vs. the Internet Electronic Markets: A Direct Comparison of Fulfillment Performance,” Management Science, Vol. 55(5), 2009, pp. 843-852.