Professor Cesareo’s research focuses primarily on the psychological processes that influence consumer behavior toward authentic and counterfeit luxury products, as well as the integral role emotions play in consumer decision-making and marketing related outcomes. Her work has appeared in many journals, such as the Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, Business Horizons, and the Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Cesareo, Ludovica (2016), “Counterfeiting and Piracy. A Comprehensive Literature Review,” Springer Briefs in Business, Springer.
- Williams, Patti, Verrochi-Coleman, Nicole, Morales, Andrea C., & Cesareo, Ludovica (2018), “Connections to Brands that Help Others vs. Help the Self: The Impact of Awe and Pride on Consumer Relationships with Social Benefit and Luxury Brands,” Journal of the Association of Consumer Research – Special Issue on Brand Relationships, Emotions and the Self, 3(2), 202-215.
- Robertson, Thomas S., Gatignon, Hubert, & Cesareo, Ludovica (2018), “Pop-Ups, Ephemerality and Consumer Experience: The Centrality of Buzz,” Forthcoming at the Journal of the Association of Consumer Research – Special Issue on Consumer Responses to the Evolving Retailing Landscape, 3(3).
- Cesareo, Ludovica, Pastore, Alberto, & Williams, Patti (2017), “Counterfeiting Luxury Goods,” in Chaudhry, Peggy E. (Ed.) Handbook of Research in Counterfeiting and Illicit Trade, 193-222, Edward-Edgar Publishing.
- Stöttinger, Barbara, Penz, Elfriede & Cesareo, Ludovica (2017), “Analysis of Anti-counterfeiting Tactics to Diffuse Consumer Demand,” in Chaudhry, Peggy E. (Ed.) Handbook of Research in Counterfeiting and Illicit Trade, 387-403, Edward-Edgar Publishing.
- Cesareo, Ludovica, & Stöttinger, Barbara (2015), “United We Stand, Divided We Fall: How Firms can Engage Consumers in their Fight against Counterfeits,” Business Horizons, 58, 527-537.
- Shaanan–Satchi, Rinat, Hornik, Jacob, Cesareo, Ludovica, & Pastore, Alberto (2015), “Information Dissemination via Electronic Word-of-mouth: Good News Travels Fast, Bad News Travels Faster!,” Computers in Human Behavior, 45, 273-280.
- Cesareo, Ludovica, & Pastore, Alberto (2014), “Consumers’ Attitude and Behavior towards Online Music Piracy and Subscription-based Services,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, 31(6/7), 515-525.