Rebecca Wang joined Lehigh University starting in the Fall of 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Marketing within the College of Business and Economics. Prior to Lehigh, she was at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, where she received her Ph.D. in (quantitative) marketing.
A combination of her interests in marketing, data science, and technologies, Rebecca’s research focuses on digital and mobile channels, social media, and data-driven marketing. By collaborating with industry partners and analyzing large datasets, she uses causal inference and statistical methods to answer questions related to omni-channel strategies and direct marketing. She has published in numerous outlets, including Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Computers in Human Behavior, and presented at conferences such as Marketing Science, American Marketing Association, Marketing EDGE Summit, Academy of Marketing Science, International Communication Association, AdExchanger in Chicago, and International Conference on Computational Social Science.
Prior to her doctoral studies, she worked as a consultant at Monitor Group in Cambridge, MA and later as a data engineer at a healthcare software-as-a-service company, Connance, Inc. in Waltham, MA for a total of six years.
- Humphreys, Ashlee and Rebecca Jen-Hui Wang, “Automated Text Analysis in Consumer Research.” Journal of Consumer Research, forthcoming, https://doi.org/
- Wang, Rebecca Jen-Hui, Su Jung Kim, and Edward C. Malthouse (2016), “Branded Apps and Mobile Platforms as New Tools for Advertising.” in The New Advertising: Branding, Content, and Consumer Relationships in the Data-Driven Social Media Era, Ruth E. Brown, Valerie K. Jones and Ming Wang Eds. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
- Kim, Su Jung, Rebecca Jen-Hui Wang, Ewa Maslowska, and Edward Malthouse. “Understanding a Fury in Your Words: The Effects of Posting and Viewing Electronic Negative Word-of-Mouth on Purchase Behaviors.” Computers In Human Behavior, 54 (2016), 511-521.
- Wang, Rebecca Jen-Hui, Edward C. Malthouse, and Lakshman Krishnamurthi. “On the Go: How Mobile Shopping Affects Customer Purchase Behavior.” Journal of Retailing, 91.2 (2015): 217-234.
-Selected as one of the ten articles in “What Should Marketers Read? Our
Academic Trustee’s Choices from 2015” by Marketing Science Institute (MSI)
-Included in 2016 alum reunion special print edition of Kellogg Insight as one
of the “favorite content in the past year”
-Other features in news media include
- Kim, Su Jung*, Rebecca Jen-Hui Wang* (*equal authorship), and Edward C. Malthouse. “The Effects of Adopting and Using a Brand's Mobile Application on Customers' Subsequent Purchase Behavior.” Journal of Interactive Marketing, 31 (2015), 28-41.