When Business Meets Social
Leading in Times of Change: Connecting Business and Social Movements
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, September 21, 2018
9 AM - 4 PM
Rauch Business Center
Perella Auditorium, Room 184
621 Taylor Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Recent social movements and unrest between social groups present challenges and opportunities in the workplace. Business leaders are often faced with the need to drive change in organizational cultures.
The 2018 Impact Symposium will bring together business and academic leaders to discuss how management and leadership can positively shape group dynamics both inside and outside of organizations. Topics for discussion may include:
- What are the challenges and opportunities that are presented by social and political movements for modern organizations and their leaders?
- How can organizations create cultures or environments where people can talk productively about difficult issues?
- How do the demands on leaders change as people look to organizations to engage with social change? What new skills are required?
- What is the role of business when it comes to broader social change?
- How is social media changing the dynamic? How do organizations respond to the transparency and reach afforded by Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
- When should an organization pick a side on a contested issue? What are the perils of doing so?
- How can we provide impactful education to managers and leaders around how to create an organization with healthy group relations, and a culture that acknowledges and puts limits on subconscious prejudice, bias, and microaggressions?
Additional detail coming soon! Be sure to check back.
This event is free and open to the public. Limited seating available. Registration required.
Interested? Register now!
For questions, please contact the Event Coordinator, Michele Kashmere, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 610.758.2906.